Goodbye 2014…Hello 2015! A moment to look back at the old year before we clink our champagne glasses together and embrace a Happy New Year. Have you made any New Year’s resolutions yet? Today I want to share a ‘Best of 2014’ selection of pictures from my Instagram account @fashionorientalist with you. Let’s look back at The Fashion Orientalist’s 2014:
- February 2014: A picture from my first personal style shoot at Duivenvoorde Castle. It was a great experience shooting at a beautiful location with a wonderful team. I am wearing a little black sari with stunning lace details. My makeup and hair was done by Almira’s Beautique and the pictures are by Roeland Toepée – ZinneBeelden.
- February 2014: Another look from my personal style shoot, this time I am wearing a design by Dubai-based designer Shweta Wahi. Kaftan chic!
- April 2014: I love baking cakes and decorating them. I made these cupcakes during Easter: whole grain cakes with cream cheese icing, strawberries and crumble on top. Delicious!
- Summer 2014: I visited Valencia, Spain in the summer with my beloved. On this picture I am expressing my love for midi skirts (and Havaiana flip flops) posing at the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencas. If you visit Valencia, go visit this place and the Oceanografic. Amazing architecture and sea life. A must visit!
- October 2014: All about good food and family. This is a Japanese dish made by my brother with expensive beef and Soba noodles. Yummy!
- October 2014: A girl has to shop! I had been looking for the perfect black leather bag for months and finally found one in October. I am in love with my Smaak Amsterdam Hilly bag and am planning to expand my Smaak collection in 2015. I love this luxury leather bag brand.
- November 2014: Celebrating our one year anniversary in Maastricht, The Netherlands. My dearest made this picture of me enjoying the view. Maastricht has the cutest boutiques to shop at and the greatest places to eat at. Worth a visit!
- November 2014: During my visit (Maastricht) I saw these flower heels by Dutch designer Jan Jansen in his boutique. Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw would so wear these (and so would I). Other great boutiques in Maastricht to visit are Zenza Home (home accessories and lamps – ethnic chic meets urban nomadic style) and Cuplé Maastricht, a trendy boutique with Spanish chic shoes, bags, clothing and more.
- December 2014: I love running outdoors and bought these Nike running shoes in January. I made this picture in December, staying fit during the festive season is a real challenge with all the great food being passed around the table!
- December 2014: Dressing up for the festive season! This FAB nail color is by OPI, Nordic ‘Do You Have this Color in Stock-holm?’. I combined it with a cute navy blue, lace dress by Esprit, heels and silver jewellery items with diamond details.
I am ready for a New Year filled with beautiful moments of love, family, food, friends, travel, work, blogging, health & fitness, fashion, beauty, shopping and more! Share your 2014 moments with me in the comment box below!
The Fashion Orientalist wishes everyone a Happy New Year!