Fashion Forward Dubai Season 4 showcased the Spring Summer 2015 collections of 22 of the best couture and ready to wear designers from the Middle Eastern region. I have selected 10 of my favorite looks from this FFWD season for you.
1. A Cinderella story – Michael Cinco makes fairytales come to life with this fabulous purple ball gown with floral details.
2. A romantic waltz in space – Amato knows how to put on a show with his artistic designs. The inspiration behind this collection includes a space odyssey and romantic love stories. This white number with belt detail looks fierce, while the flowers give it a touch of romance.
3. Jean Louis Sabaji’s collection focused on birds. Which would mean this red hot number was inspired by a fierce phoenix. This design has a sexy low v-neck and stunning ‘feather’ details at the bottom.
4. Elements of nature – House of Ronald was inspired by nature, 1970’s silhouettes and architectural shapes. I have seen a lot of metallics on the runway this season and I really like it!
5. Endemage drew inspiration from Zanzibar, famous for its beautiful beaches and tropical scenery. I adore the pants and its blue color and am in love with this flowy top. Wardrobe musthaves!
6. Simplicity is key – I love the print and color of this design by Dima Ayad. This is a perfect look for spring summer 2015.
7. When I look at the trends for the summer season it isn’t all about short and tightly fitted clothes anymore. Comfortable, flowy items are a must have, just like this ensemble by Bashar Assaf. Where can I find the ‘add to cart’ button?
8. The Golkar brothers from The Emperor 1688 were inspired by the adventures of monsieur Yves Saint Laurent in Morocco and his lifelong obsession with the North African climate. This ensemble shows us the blues of Le Jardin Majorelle, a garden in Morocco. I adore this color. This look is masculine and feminine at the same time. The sheer blouse and blazer combo is a look I am definitely going to try.
9. Maral likes to experiment with color. She has used a white, neutral base for her designs to allow the rich colors to stand out. This collection also showcases Maral’s Persian roots, which makes this design one I cannot resist as a Fashion Orientalist (it rhymes!).
10. “Infinite Days & Infinite Nights” a collection by Tahir Sultan inspired by the iconic W Retreat & Spa – Maldives and its white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, vibrant house-reef and rich aquatic life. I love everything about this dress. Which is why I must have it!
Which design is your favorite?
Fashion Forward Dubai
Photography: Ian Gavan and Stuart C. Wilson from Getty Images